Sunday, May 19, 2013

I Value You

My friends think I am better than I am. They believe in me and encourage me to grow. They grow. They have good hearts. They love.

I have great taste in friends. I choose them well. I do not, however, have the same confidence in my ability to choose a significant other. I'm afraid that I have valued things in guys in the past that will not make me happy, might even work against me and a healthy relationship, and that just don't matter.

I'll always want smarts, wit, a strong testimony, and attraction, but I have noticed a new, healthy must-have: I want someone who values people. Not only can this trait be indicative of someone who has a rooted testimony, I think it says that they are emotionally healthy and mature enough to accept others as good enough. And they can probably allow me to be good enough.

Making me laugh might bring down my wall, having a good job might help me feel secure, but connect with those around you and I just might be yours.  




1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I haven't been the best friend/person- I never called you or Mike back from about two years ago. =S

    I hope things are going well for you though!
    Are you still in Utah?
    My work is slow in the summer so maybe we can catch up over lunch or something sometime.

    ReplyDelete